WHAT IS ADRENAL FATIGUE & HOW DOES IT HAPPEN?
Adrenal fatigue happens when your adrenal glands cannot adequately meet the demands of stress.
An illness, a life crisis, or a continuing difficult situation can drain the adrenal resources of even the healthiest person!
Those under constant stress (whether it be physical, mental or otherwise) are likely to experience some degree of adrenal fatigue.
Most folks will actually look and act normal with adrenal fatigue with no obvious signs of physical illness...yet they live with a general sense of feeling tired, unwell or just have that "blah" feeling.
Folks experiencing adrenal fatigue often use coffee, soda and other stimulants to get going in the morning and to keep themselves going during the day.
I think a vast majority of folks have or will have experienced adrenal fatigue at some time in their life. In fact, it is said to affect millions of people in the U.S. and around the world!
It's a fact...we live in a stressful world. Not surprisingly, stress is at the heart of many health conditions....from cancer to high blood pressure...it does play a role!
When the body is stressed, your capacity to adapt is reduced, which can wreak havoc on the immune system, nervous system and greatly affect your inflammatory pathways.
Nourishing your adrenal gland function is essential to combating stress (and that is where our special herbal formulation comes in).
SO...WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ADRENAL FATIGUE:?
While none of these features has a direct causal relationship with adrenal dysfunction on its own, a distinct “aggravating pattern” emerges when all these factors are taken into consideration.
Symptoms to look for:
- Blood pressure: High or low blood pressure, low blood pressure can often have the symptom of light headedness that is associated with it.
- Food cravings and weight changes: Abnormal weight gain in the abdomen and thighs. Do you have cravings for salty or sugary foods, sometimes feeling uncontrollable?
- Energy: Unable to stop, always on speed forward, ongoing fatigue, lack of stamina, feeling tired and wired much of the time. Lack of get up and go.
- Emotions and coping ability: Inability to deal with day to day stress, feeling overwhelmed much of the time, struggling to get through the day, driven , very short fuse, anxiety attacks Unable to reframe ones thinking.
- Thinking: Mentally foggy, fuzzy thinking, inability to stay focused on one task, chronic racing thoughts.
- Immune response: Frequent infections, longer time than others to recover from illness or infections or trauma.
- Sleep: Inability to fall asleep or fall asleep well but wake up nightly, Sleep soundly but wake up exhausted.
- Hormones/Libido: Worsening of perimenopausal symptoms, low libido, severe PMS.
Note: Many other conditions can overlap the above, so know that adrenal imbalance is not always the root cause.
Adrenal imbalance can be a contributing factor in many medical conditions and this formula addresses this issue by nourishing the adrenals. If you are dealing with any of these conditions, you should be nourishing your adrenals:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Depression and anxiety
- IBS or chronic digestive problems
- Premature menopause
- Chronic anxiety
- Rage attacks
GOOD NEWS: With proper care and supplementation....most people experiencing adrenal fatigue can feel good again.
Our formulation NOURISHES your ADRENALS so that you can HEAL!
Our Master Herbalist put together a wonderful Adrenal Support tincture to help folks heal and deal with this ever growing problem.
This is a blended herbal extract that provides nourishment to the adrenals (which are just the size of a walnut) and the organs of the parasympathetic nervous system, including the immune system, to help protect the body from the effects of daily stress. ***This is a great tincture for energy and adrenal fatigue***
Ingredients: Adrenal Support is an adaptogenic* blend of the following: American ginseng, Eleuthero root, Licorice root, Borage leaf, Hawthorn berry, and Oat seed in a base composition of Organic Gluten Free Alcohol, Distilled Water, Non-GMO Vegetable Glycerin, and Organic Cinnamon.
*Adaptogens are a unique group of herbal ingredients used to improve the health of your adrenal system, the system that's in charge of managing your body's hormonal response to stress. Administration results in stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis for example decreased cellular sensitivity to stress. These herbs all have a long history of supporting energy, stress, and adrenal health.
INTERESTING FACT: This syndrome has been known by many other names throughout the past century, such as non-Addison's hypoadrenia, sub-clinical hypoadrenia, neurasthenia, adrenal neurasthenia, adrenal apathy and adrenal fatigue.