I'm not good enough...nope, I'm not

A common theme I see in some of the emails I've been getting has been the "I'm not good enough" factor.  It can be tempting to think we are not as talented or as smart as someone else.  That comparing stuff is for the birds and I'll tell you why.

As long as we carry that negativity around, we will believe it.  Yes, I know life is not all rainbows and unicorns..God never said it would be.

Yes, there will always be someone smarter or more talented in a certain area.  BUT...all of us have a mission to carry out.

We get so caught up in everything we think we are "not" that we fail to realize WHO exists within us...the Holy Spirit! 1 Corinthians 6:19

Each of us has a unique and special part to play in this world.  We each have something only "we" can offer.
There are not two of us alike and God did that for a reason!

Now, I will admit that some of us had an advantage. We had parents and/or grandparents who believed in us.  They told us how smart we were, that we could succeed and even if at times we didn't believe it, we did.

I did have that.  I didn't always believe it..but I had it.  That was a great advantage.

For those of you who were told otherwise or told nothing at all, I'm telling you that you do have a gift.

We sometimes need to forget the past and reprogram ourselves for the future.
You are not denying your past..you are just rising above it.

Know that you are loved, know that your past does not define you, know that you have a gift (even if not yet discovered), know that the Holy Spirit resides in you and know that with Faith you can move mountains (Matthew 17:20)!

May God bless you ..you are like family to me!

"Mom of 13"  - Your Mommy Health and Happiness Practitioner!

( PS...I would love to have you come and join me daily over at:  https://www.facebook.com/MomOf13 I love interacting with everyone!)

I was honestly praying about getting healthier and needing help….. Moments later I came upon your site!!! Devine intervention I believe!! Praying it helps and praying for you and your beautiful family! Thank you!!!

Posted by Phyllis Nolfi on September 27, 2013

Wendy, thanks for this post. I am frequently telling my son that if he compares himself to others there will always be someone better off or worse off than him. You are right. I remind him that we have the Holy Spirit and that that each if us is a unique COG—Child of God.

Thanks for all you do—keeping you and family and your beautiful apostolate in prayers.

Love and blessings, Barb U

Posted by Barb U on September 26, 2013

Dear Wendy

Thank you very much for that inspiring message. It has truly boosted me especially now as I am going through some real trying days.

God bless you and your family for all the good that you are doing

Love – A.

Posted by Ann on September 26, 2013

Thank you Wendy I really needed to hear this.I never finished music lessons but recently I said after 40 years I am going to take the voice lessons. People in church are always saying you should join the choir at church, but I never thought I was good enough. I don’t know if I ever will join but I took the step to take lessons that I always should have been doing instead of worldly and selfish deeds. Don’t get me wrong I am to blame I’m just trying not to let my past hold me captive anymore.i want to do more now for good because of the good God has done for me and quite frankly for each one of us individually.

Posted by Kaye King on September 25, 2013

Thanks. I am pondering my calling. My first calling was being a mom and I loved. Now my kids are all grown. Now I am trying to discern my new calling and trying to take care of financial mistakes and go forward with out the negatvity. Pray for me and my family. Thanks God bless. Love Nancy

Posted by Nancy on September 25, 2013

You are just awesome!!!

Posted by becca arias on September 25, 2013

Thank You so so sooo much Wendy.. That couldn’t have come at a better time.. After the day I had today, that was definitely what you famously call a Godincidence.. Because it hit home really hard.. I’ve had that feeling all day due people who have that tendency to rub you up wrong and to read that, its like God heard me on so many different occasions today and decided to answer me through that.. Thank you so very much.. May you and your family remain blessed and continue to make such a difference to peoples lives..

Much love and regards..N.

Posted by N. on September 25, 2013

Thanks Wendy for your lovely inspirational thoughts!
How beautiful and uplifting. You seem like a very caring person.
God Bless you and your family and all the good work that you do.
love,Wendy S