Promises To Those Who Sing “Ave Maris Stella”

| Categories: PRAYERS | | 17 Comments

A little history behind this beautiful piece :

Ave Maris Stella is a song often sung in times of calamities.

During a riot at Rome, a mob came to the house where St. Bridget lived. A leader talked of burning Bridget alive!

She prayed to Our Blessed Lord to know if she should flee to safety and He assured her to stay, saying: "It doesn't matter if they plot thy death. My power will break the malice of thy enemies: If mine crucified me, it is because I permitted it."

The Blessed Virgin added: "Sing as a group the Ave Maris Stella and I will guard you from every danger."

Note:  There is an Indulgence of 300 days, once a day

Every bliss implore.

Show thyself a Mother ;
Offer Him our sighs,
Who for us Incarnate
Did not thee despise.

Virgin of all virgins !
To thy shelter take us :
Gentlest of the gentle !
Chaste and gentle make us.

Still, as on we journey,
Help our weak endeavor ;
Till with thee and Jesus
We rejoice forever.

Through the highest heaven,
To the Almighty Three,
Father, Son, and Spirit,
One same glory be.  Amen.

Ave Maris Stella

Iter para tutum;
Ut videntes Jesum
Semper collaetemur.

Sit laus Deo Patri,
Summo Christo decus,
Spiritui Sancto,
Tribus honor unus.  Amen.

Thank you so very much for posting this hymn to OUR BLESSED MOTHER. I had never heard this song. It is beautiful.

Posted by Lucy Frederick on November 03, 2016

I had thought you had closed shop. I was a very loyal follower of yours.
I am looking for nice quality rosary bracelets. Do you have any ideas of where to go for a web site?

I am glad I found you again.

Jan

Posted by jan on January 24, 2016

Wendy,
Love the vintage print of ave maris stella…the one w gold stars…where can i purchase a copy for my cottage?
Thanks and God,bless your ministry.

Posted by Mary sue on January 23, 2016

Thank you so much Wendy! This beautiful song to our Holy Mother, has special significance to me. I was born & still live on Galveston Island, Tx. In the year 1900, Galveston was struck by a terrible Hurricane, in which an estimated 10,000 residents lost their lives. It is still the worst natural disaster on record for the U.S.

During the fierce storm, the song “Ave Stella Maris”, was repeatedly sung by all of the terrified children who lived in a large Orphanage run by the Ursuline Sisters. The Sisters tried to calm the
little ones while the water kept rising. Eventually the three story building collapsed all but 2 children and all of the Sisters lost their lives.

I just turned 57 yrs old and do you know, this is the first time I have listened to this hauntingly beautiful melody.
I will keep this always. :-)

Thank you again and May God Bless you and family.
Ave Maria!?
Cindy Snipes

Posted by Cindy Snipes on January 22, 2016

Dear Wendy and Family, I too had never heard the words or melody of this beautiful song. I thought I had heard all of the beautiful songs to our Blessed Mother. Thank you and blessings to all of you. Sincerely, Laura

Posted by Laura Crane on January 22, 2016

The Ave Maris Stella was beautifully sung! THANK YOU for sharing it with us and I THANK you and your family for EVERYTHING you do in the name of Our Lord! Bless you all!

Posted by Roanna Maczala on January 22, 2016

I really wish there were more arcitles like this on the web.

Posted by Angel on May 15, 2015

I really wish there were more arcitles like this on the web.

Posted by Angel on May 15, 2015

Very beautiful, Wendy, thanks so much for sharing. I have saved this and will share also. I had heard of the Ave Maris Stella but never had the melody or the words. Love the beautiful latin hymns. God bless!

Posted by Patty M. on February 28, 2015

i liked it so much i had i write it so i can remember it . thank you

Posted by mylla on February 24, 2015

Wendy, thank you very much.

This is very beautiful, it is a great way to start my day, I felt much peace after listening to it.

The Lord richly bless you and your family.

Posted by Josephine on February 24, 2015

Absolutely beautiful, Wendy. I have never heard of this prayer!! Any way to get the music to play on piano?

Posted by Pat on February 24, 2015