A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it. —Proverbs 22:3
A friend recently sent me an article that really sums up my feelings on the NEED to PREPARE in order to SURVIVE the times that loom ahead. The following is an excerpt. Not everyone will agree with my "feelings" that the way of life we have become accustomed to is going to change. Nonetheless..I felt the obligation to share this with all of you.
We live in times that call for careful discernment and swift yet careful action. The foundations of Christian civilization are crumbling as the barbarians have breached the walls, entered the palace and are now wielding the scepters of power in our culture.
When nations fall, most of the population are taken by surprise. No one wants to believe that his way of life is coming to an end. When the Bolsheviks were coming to power in Russia (1910-1917) and the Nazis in Germany (1930s) the vast majority of the people continued to regard the times as normal and did not prepare for the coming crisis
Christians, too, are usually taken by surprise along with the rest of a nation in crisis. We of all people, however, ought to have the wisdom to see the handwriting on the wall and realize that momentous changes are ahead. We should anticipate the judgment of God upon a nation such as ours.
Our nation is teetering on the brink of disaster on two related fronts. First is the moral front. Since we as a people have increasingly tolerated adultery, divorce, abortion, sodomy, materialism, willful debt, etc.; since our leaders have written immorality into law and have removed God and his Word from public life; we deserve and should expect the hand of God's judgment.
Second is the economic front. To fulfill the wishes of the voters our politicians have been spending us into oblivion. Other reasons for judgment aside, the economy itself is a time bomb. Our nation is currently trillions of dollars in debt. The ruling class in Washington (of both parties) has no intention to stop adding to the debt, much less to pay it off. Most likely the near future will be a very grim time in our country.
"When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3) They can keep on being righteous! They can return even more closely to the path of blessing and peace revealed in God's Word. They can be sure they are not sharing in the sins that will bring God's righteous wrath on the nation. They can take refuge as best they are able (Proverbs 22:3) and entrust themselves to a merciful Father.
The Remnant will adjust its living patterns now so that it not only survives the crisis but also is prepared to lead on the other side of the crisis.
How can you prepare for the coming crisis and the days that follow it?
1) On a personal level, live in a spirit of repentance, quickly dealing with sin by means of a good confession. Daily Mass (if possible) and Daily Scripture reading, memorization, and meditation; daily fervent prayer and intercession.
2) Read and study your Catholic Faith. Really Learn your Catholic Faith so you can pass it on.
3) Make your family your highest priority: teach your children God's Word and life skills; de-clutter your schedule; learn to worship, work, and minister together; pray for vocations or godly spouses for your children.
4) Seek Godly self-sufficiency. (More on this in the future)
5) Get out of debt, period, as soon as possible. Debt will make you a slave in the coming "economic earthquake."
6) Find a Catholic church that is sound in doctrine and practice.
7) Pray for, vote for, and work for a return to godly principles of civil government, starting at the local level. This years elections are PIVOTAL! VERY PIVOTAL!!!!
8) Give serious consideration to obtaining the "Spiritual Warfare Package" . It contains over many POWERFUL sacramentals that will serve as powerful spiritual protection for you and your family! We must prepare for the times ahead.
Though dark days are surely ahead, the godly man or woman need not be afraid. Once you have done all you can (see the steps above) you should trust the rest to the Lord and His Blessed Mother!
Love and Blessings, Wendy C.
"Mom of 13" - Your Mommy Health and Happiness Practitioner!
( PS...Please, come join me daily over at: https://www.facebook.com/MomOf13 I love interacting with everyone!)