Is God trying to tell you something?

Most of us wish and wish we'd never encounter another problem.  Yet, the older I get the more I see problems as blessings in disguise.

Nothing happens by accident.  God allows.

Our difficulties or problems are little "signs" from God.  What is it that God is trying to say to us?

We must look closely.  We must not act like a victim and say, "why me???"  There's a message in there.

I am a firm believer that every problem not only contains a message, it contains an opportunity.

I had a horrible, horrible situation that took place at the beginning of April 2014.

Someone close to me hurt me in such a way that everyone who found out about it was in utter and total shock (no...not my husband or children...Praise God!)

I admit, I went through all the stages... total disbelief, anger, shock, sadness and finally I was just in a puddle of tears and begging God to let me know why He let her do this to me.

Slowly, as I prayed about it...The Holy Spirit revealed why and I felt sincere pity.
Although forgiveness was never asked for, I forgave her.

The "problem" she caused made me a much better person.  It made me better on so many levels and I now embrace what others may never have been able to forgive.

Recently, I was able to minister to another sister in Christ who had the same thing done to her.   She didn't feel she was strong enough to get through it and I said, "Hey, I did....and so can you!"

Instead of saying, "I have a huge problem here"...why don't we say..."Jesus, what are you trying to tell me?  What opportunity is in this situation I am now encountering?"

We can make every situation into an opportunity to serve others.  If I didn't encounter hate, bitterness, jealousy, envy and family problems I wouldn't be able to relate to those who are going through it.  I couldn't help them.

Are you experiencing a problem at the moment?
God is trying to tell you something...perhaps He is preparing you for something greater in the future.  Embrace it...look closely at it...don't wish it away.

I believe in the struggle because without struggle we couldn't appreciate what God has given us.  Our struggles make us stronger.

I remember when I was in grade school.  I was watching a butterfly trying to emerge from its cocoon.  It was struggling and as I sat and watched I began to feel sorry for it.

Being the ever "tender hearted" kid, I decided to get a pair of scissors and cut him lose!

Big mistake.  I was crushed when I watched his swollen body become more bloated and he died.  I cried my eyes out....I was only trying to help.

I didn't realize that God intended the butterfly to struggle so that the fluid would be pushed from his body and into his wings so that he could fly.

God allows struggles in our lives to help us...without them we would never be able to fly :)

Praise God for that "struggle" or "Problem" you have today.....there's a message in there!

WENDY, YOU ALWAYS HAVE SO MUCH WISDOM FIVEN TO BY THE HOLY SPIRIT TO HELP SO MANY SOULS THAT ARE IN NEED, AND WE DO TEND TO GET OURSELVES INTO THIS PROBLEM AND WONDER WHY, I WAS STRUGGLING WITH A PROBLEM THATI THOUGHT MEANT THE END OF A NEW RELATIONSHIP, AND I HAD BEEN PRAYING THAT WHATEVER WAS GOD WILL WOULD BE BETWEEN THIS GENTLEMAN, AND MYSELF, I THOUGHT THINGS WERE OVER, AND HAD TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO IT ABOUT IT AND I JUST PLACE US BOTH I GOD’S HANDS TO FUIDE US TO KNOW WHAT WAS WHAT RIGHT, I CRIED ABOUT IT,AND THEN DECIDED I HAD TO TUST THAT GOD WOULD GIVE ME THE ANSWER, AND SHOERTLY THEREAFTER , MY PRAYER WAS BROUGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND THINGS WORKED OUT. I WAS TROUBLED,AND BELIEVINGTHINGS I SHOULDN’T ,LIKE DOUBTING HIS FEELINGS TOWARDS ME , AND I CLOSED MY MIND TOTHE THINGS WERE SAYING AND DECIDED THAT GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR US. I HAVE BEEN A WIDOW FOR ALMOST 14 YEARS, AND I FINALLY THOUGHT U WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO LOVE SOMEONE AGAIN AND ENJOY THE GOODNESS OF A VERY NICE MAN THAT I WAS PRAYING FOR, AND HE HAS OUR EYES WERE OPENED AND TRUSTING THAT GOD KNOWS WHAT IS RIGHT IS SO AWESOME,AND GOODNESS OF HIS LOVE FOR US. AND ALL THE YEARS WERE LESSONS I WAITING AND TRUSTINGIF IT WERE MEANT TO BE I WOULD MEET SOMEONE. HE IS CATHOLIC, AND WE PRAY TOGETHER,AND BELIEVEGOD’S PRESENCE IN OUR LIVES, AND IF IT WERE NOT FOR BEING OPENTO LOVING KINDNESSWE MAY NEVERHAVE FOUND EACH OTHER. WE ARE BOTH GRATEFUL AS HE WAS A WIDOW, SO IT WILL BE A WONDERFULUNION WITH ASMY FELLA SAYS TAKING ME TO THE AUTHOR OF LIFE AND PUTTINGAEINGON MYFINGER AND WE WILL BECOME ONE. FHANKS BE TO GOD. AMEN.. GALE

Posted by Gale LightWENDY on September 05, 2016

Thank you so much for your messages. I needed to see this. My son is 28 years, met a girl, and within them dating 3 weeks, he has now began using drugs, and I had to ask him to leave. Please help me Wendy. Help me to see the blessing here. I’m devastated. Thank you.

Posted by anita on May 09, 2016

Praise God for your gift of the Holy Spirit -He works through you to help us in all situations.
God bless you

Posted by Nancy on March 05, 2016

Thanks, I needed that . I am struggling to find meaningful work, and in the process have gained a lot of extra weight. I wonder also, what it is that I am to learn, but as of yet do not know. Thanks, nice to know I am not alone.

Posted by ceecee on March 04, 2016

This helps thanks Wendy!

Posted by Amy on October 03, 2015

I appreciate this post. I do however have such a huge struggle right now, I can’t even relate to anything.

My dad died suddenly in his sleep last week, without warning at the age of 66. He was healthy and simply didn’t wake up the next morning.

My mother is heartbroken and we are all grieving and in complete shock.

I do not fear for him, he was a devout Catholic. I don’t understand God’s plan and am very hurt that this is the plan.

Please pray for us. It is not a struggle but a complete devastation.

I know you lost your Mom Wendy, so your prayers would mean a lot.

Posted by Charise on October 02, 2015

WENDY, This article was meant for me . YES! Others as well, but right now , it’ is * NO* coincidence that I received it at this very time . I have just learned such hurtful information regarding actions of family members which have harmed me for years.
It has made me feel so naive and stupid. The only solace is that i have constantly relied on Jesus & Mary thru it all.

Please pray for me , as I will have to continue to pray for them.
I have recently suffered ID theft and have to put my pride aside and ask for money to survive. The monies I have in the bank are frozen till I have the ID replaced.

I know , as I have read what you have written that I can learn from this situation. God can use this and I want to stay close to him & my Beautiful Blessed Mother .

I know you and your whole family pray. Please pray for me .

Thank you for your ministry & direction. It is most timely.

LOVE ,
DOROTHY

Posted by Dorothy on October 02, 2015

Thanks wendy your like mother mary. thanks for ur love ,care and generosity

Posted by elizabeth on April 09, 2015

Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for your testimony that it reminded me to dig out this prayer from EWTN and say it every day going through my current trial with breast cancer……

Take Jesus at his Word.
As we believe in faith we can expect to receive what we are asking for in prayer,
that will be done for us.
That we do not hold anything against anyone.
We release them and bless those who have hurt us.
Amen.

Posted by Renee on March 08, 2015

Wendy:

The message is let go and let God. His plans are dfferent to us. You wanted to free the butterfly but God had his own plan and purpose for everybeing and thing on this world.

Posted by virginia on March 08, 2015

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for sharing. Sometimes we pray but have not forgiven those who have hurt us so much but the gentle nudging of God keeps making itself felt in the persistence of the painful situation that we are praying for and if we allow ourselves to be inundated by the wisdom of the holy spirit and at last acknowledge that we have to forgive and act upon it, we are really set free and healing can happen on so many levels.

To shine, to be free and be healed,, we have to metaphorically pass through the birth canal, this is so painful but when we emerge on the other side, we feel great and grateful.

Much love to you and your wonderful family.

Posted by Marie on March 08, 2015

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your testimony. I did not know that whatever happens in life, it is God who allows it to happen. I experienced this hurt from a friend who is very close to me. Whenever she is in need of help, I am the one and only who can chauffeur her around and help her. For so many years I did all I can for her. Then one day, she suddenly ignored me. It hurts me a lot. I felt not appreciated. Since she ignored me, I just kept quiet and so I also withdraw. During that withdrawal, another person came into my life who needs transportation to go to church. I volunteered. I believe God opened another way for me by being of help to another person who really need transportation to bring her to church. Thank you God.

Posted by Ungela on March 07, 2015