7 Tips to Inner Peace

(I've also recorded an audio if you'd like to listen, below)

'I'm at the point in life where I can actually say I've gained a bit of wisdom.  I guess mid-life "ain't" so bad..lol.

One of the things I've learned is how to gain inner peace.  I've never been the most patient person and in fact, I can fly off the handle pretty darn easy...but...I've learned how to overcome so much and have a peace that goes beyond all understanding!

Most folks say...."Wow..you have 13 kids..you must never have peace!"  Well, actually I have "peace" no matter how noisy or chaotic my life may appear to be ;-)

I actually find "joy" having all their little boisterous bodies running around.

Anyhoo...No matter where you are in life..whether you are married or single..young or old...you can achieve it!

For me, it was rather simple and this is how I achieved my daily inner peace:

First - I found I needed to MAKE TIME for prayer.  Without a bit of prayer time in the morning, my day would be sunk.  We now bring the whole family into the morning prayer time.  We say prayers and also do a reading from Proverbs (31 proverbs, 31 days..just sayin') .

Second:  I found that I needed to avoid folks who gave me great stress.  Toxic folks..um, pray for them...but...limit your time with them!  That may sound horrible..but..it really drained me and I have to be a good wife and mom.

Third:  Music.  I have found that soothing music sets the mood for me.    To calm myself I find that I love the oldies (Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, etc), Gregorian Chant and Concerto's.  As I blog this, I'm listening to one of my favorites...Bach-Brandenburg Concertos No. 3 in G major

Just choose what soothes you! :)

Fourth:  Pick and choose your battles.  Unless the house is on fire or someone is bleeding, I can pretty much remain calm.

Fifth:  Give more, daily!  I found the more I gave, the more peace I had.  It can be time, it can be money...just be a "giver"! ;-)

Sixth:  Read UPLIFTING things.  I'm not asking folks to bury their heads in the sand.  We all know about the fiscal financial cliff and those countries with nukes, etc...  BUT.. we must "balance".  For every negative thing you read...find something positive.  It would be best to avoid all the "upsetting" stuff..but..unfortunately....that's not realistic (or even prudent).

Seventh:  Birds of a feather flock together!  Choose your friends wisely (online or off)!   If they bring you down...you may want to distance yourself a bit.  Distance and prayer work wonders!

I have been blessed over the past year with some really enriching friendships!  We can talk about kids who refuse to eat anything but pizza, how to get vomit stains off furniture and The Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas.  Yeah...totally blessed ;)

We had six children in a row!! So, now we have sixteen grandchildren and six greats and one more on the way. we’re retired have a lot of aches and pains, call it “old age” . But we lost a daughter, 23, her son almost 4, and 22 mo. old girl. her husband and 5 yr old daughter, Sarah survived, it was a car accident that was caused by a drunk driver on the wrong side. it was 1986.January. devastating and heart broken. that was so devastating, in 2005 our grandson, Rory. 19 yrs. was driving on a highway going home after work. A car got on the wrong exit and hit him head on, he was driving drunk. Rory was killed. The others were named Sarah who lived, her dad David lived, Bethany, David Jr. my daughter, Michele died. the other drunk driver was ejected and in the median strip dead, I thought it was a mistake. Twice? God i asked WHY? We were good parents Parochial Schools all of us. My husband an altar boy growing up. there is so much more to it but i have a shoulder problem goes down to my hand.i expected to lose my mind. Do suffer with anxiety/depression and PTSD. sometimes very nervous. I don’t know why i wrote this tonight. Also have two daughters had breast cancer. But thank God it was caught early. Rory’s mom was one she went thru surgery and radiation/ my youngest just surgery. I guess that’s enough, i can’t afford to buy anything right now, Retired Waitress & John Construction Laborer, on a budget! Thank You! please Pray for Us

Posted by Carole Pendergast on August 03, 2016

Thank you Wenny for your words of Wisdom are encouraging and uplifting in the spirit
may our loving Jesus
continue to bless you your family and your Ministry.
I am Australian and our Country its people have turned away from God sadly – we continue to pray
God bless and thank you – Diane

Posted by Diane on April 21, 2016

Wendy, I love your witness!

Posted by jan orth on April 15, 2016

Hello Wendy

I really am impressed with your audios! They are spiritually nourishing, encouraging, to the point, authentic and easy on the ear. Keep up the great work.

God Bless

Posted by Elizabeth on April 15, 2016

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ALL THAT SEARCH YOUR WEBSITE. MY FAMILY IS IN NEED OF PRAYERS. THANK YOU.

Posted by Cathy on April 15, 2016

Thank you Wendy, I have been so worried lately and was reading your tips to inner peace and came upon my letter that I wrote in 2013. God has helped us and I do appreciate what he has done. My son Michael still has his problems he has kidney failure and his condo is still in foreclosure he can’t work but is on food stamps and is getting S.S.I payments. I keep praying for a financial miracle so that we can payoff his mortgage and condo fees and all of our other debts and be out of debt forever. His Law Day is this coming Monday the 16 th if you can pray for a miracle so that he can keep his home I know the good Lord will hear you. He is on dialysis twice a day he dose it at home. Please Wendy I took this as a sign that this miracle will happen for my family we need your prayers. PLEASE PRAY FOR US!!!!

Posted by Elizabeth on March 11, 2015

Wendy, wow, great advice. Thank you so much. I just found your blog through a prayer group and have shared your post on my Facebook page. I hope to swap some good things along the way. Thanks again for your sharing. God bless.

Posted by Roxane Salonen on March 11, 2015

Dear Wendy:
Thank you for sharing your life and your success in managing family. I have not achieved that balance. I’m Irish with a temper to match.We
need a Maricle. , My son getting.married May2. He had his Pastor save the date.He has waited 2 years for
\the Annulment Priest said ok, Last week he called the Church and told the Priest it wouldn’t be finished until late fall.=. He never even bothered to call my son..
The invitations were mailed out before they heard the news .Hotel rooms ][
rooms paid for, non=efundable.. We don’t know which way to turn. I live in Ohio John lives in Chicago. He travels all of the America’s and Please pray for he and his lovely bride to be. Both are Catholics. Shs has never been married. and was so looking forward to her white dress and veil Catholic wedding. She"d 45 years old. her name is Kathleen. Please pray for them. Thank you. Esther Slater

Posted by Esther Slater on March 10, 2015

I want to thank you so, so much for this article, as well as your ministry.
What a blessing you and your website have been to me!
Just today I was desperately in need of a sign that quitting a job that I have was the right thing to do. It involved a very toxic person and it had become unbearable.
I prayed and cried to God about it but didn’t know if I did the right thing after resigning.
As soon as I wrote the letter, I “happened” to click on your e-mail and I KNEW that
your statement about avoiding toxic people was a message for me.
Not to mention the articles you have written on health, weight loss, spiritual battles, etc., which are incredibly uplifting, inspirational, and informative.
I mention your name to others quite often and yet i don’t even know you and live half a country away! Thank you for being you and following the Lord, thus inspiring all of us.
Thank you and God bless you, Wendy.

Posted by C.L. on March 10, 2015

You are so great! what good easy advice. Powerful! Thank you. I’m working on it!

Posted by Maureen on March 09, 2015

Thanks for your article today on achieving INNER-PEACE! I agree!❤️

Posted by Sheri DeLoach on March 09, 2015

Greeting to you and your family,

I m lost with the words to discreb how i feel after reading the 7 Tips to Inner Peace because its so inspiring to my soul. May the good Lord continue showering his blessings on you and thankyou very much.

Posted by Alpha Mulembo on November 28, 2014